Lauha's rental hut is located inside the Lauhanvuori national park in a pine forest. The rental of the hut is only possible through the online store.
There are two accommodation buildings in the area. A hut for 2 people ( approx. 15 m2) with stove heating and rudimentary tableware. The second hut has four beds ( approx. 18m2) and it has no heating, so it is only suitable for use during warm weather. Both huts as well as the separate wood-heated sauna building are included in the rent.
Accessibility of the hut
- From the main road 44 (Sastamala-Kauhajoki), turn west from the village of Muurahainen to Lauhavuorentie (road 17019). From there, drive the road approximately 3.6 km, then turn north to a small road called "Selkätie" which you drive for about 1 km, then turn left onto Metsänvartijantie. There is a barrier on the road which tenants will get a key for. After the barrier, drive another 700 meters to the hut. The barrier must always be locked.
- Bus routes and timetables are challenging for those wanting to visit the hut. The nearest bus stop is Muurahainen (in Kauhajoki).
- 55 € / day (2 pm to 12 pm), Midsummer thu-sun 200 € (incl. 10% VAT) The rental is only possible through the online store (https://kauppatori.lauha.fi). The reservation is made by paying the full amount in the online store. The reservation is binding.
- When collecting the key, the customer must provide proof of the payment. The key is returned to the same location where it was collected. Keys will not be mailed.
- The keys can be picked up from two different places:
- Hotel restaurant Honkahovi during it's opening hours. From the address Pohjanmaantie 99, 38950 HONKAJOKI.
- Lauhansarvi Nature Tourist Center during it's opening hours. From the address Lauhanvuorentie 490, 64900 ISOJOKI.
- In case you cannot collect the keys during the opening hours, you can call 2 business days before arrival and arrange another time for collection.
- Delivery of keys to the hut or the barrier or door due to a lost or inside forgotten key is chargeable. The price during office hours is 80 € / time and at night and on public holidays it's 150 €. This is handled by a private maintenance service. Telephone number. 040 825 8751
- There is a barrier on the road leading to the hut that must always be locked.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Not suitable for physically disabled people.
- There is no electricity in the hut.
- The outhouse in the courtyard, as well as double open hut and the firewood next to the parking lot are for everyone's use.
- You must not erect any tents or any other accommodation on the yard.
- Please note that according to the water samples completed on 10.6.2021, the well water must be boiled before use for human consumption.
Responsible for maintenance
- Metsähallitus, Järvi-Suomen Luontopalvelut. Further information at Metsähallitus' customer service: sisasuomi (at) metsa.fi, telephone number. +358 206 39 5270
Other things to note:
- Do not wash your hands or dishes in the hut's drinking water buckets or at the water points. Also, do not fill your drinking bottle directly on top of the drinking water bucket.
- The hut's have fire alarms, but we recommend taking a 9V battery with you and / or your own travel fire alarm.
- The hut's will not be cleaned between visits, so it's very important to leave all places in excellent condition when leaving. Cleaning is completely self-guided.
Instructions for the huts' users